The Materials Characterization Facility (MCF) is dedicated to providing researchers and industrial partners a place to perform characterization and analysis to advance research; classroom education and hands-on training in the use of state-of-the-art characterization equipment; user-friendly support services with expert advice and data interpretation; and to enhance competitiveness of industrial partners and boost economic development of the Central Florida region.
MCF occupies about 7,000 sq. ft. of space and is supported by 3 full-time research engineers and a full-time facilities coordinator. Collaboration with other universities is encouraged.
- Gatan PECS (Coating System)
- Ion Milling for TEM
- Ultra Microtome (TEM/FTIR Sample Prep)
- Sputter Coater (EMITECH)
- Vacuum Evaporator (JEOL)
- Diamond Saw (Slow Speed)
- Diamond Band Saw
- Electro Jet Polisher (TEM Prep)
- Dimple Grinder (TEM)
- Allied Polisher (TEM)
How to Use the Facility
- All work performed at MCF requires a work order form
- UCF users will need to submit a completed work order form signed by their advisor.
- Other University or industry or government users will need to provide a Purchase Order made to UCF/AMPAC
- Completed work order forms and Purchase Orders may be submitted via email to [email protected], or faxed to (407) 882-1502, or in person at the address below:
UCF, RESEARCH 1
4353 SCORPIUS ST STE 102
Orlando, FL 32816
To schedule equipment time, users may contact MCF at (407) 882-1500 or via email to [email protected]. Please include the equipment to be scheduled, date, time block needed and user name.
Please Acknowledge Us
Any publications or presentations resulting from data obtained or samples prepared by the AMF engineer/faculty should acknowledge the assistance of the engineer/faculty member and/or center as:
“Materials Characterization Facility
University of Central Florida”
Please provide a reprint of any publication in which the MCF and its faculty, research associate, or students are acknowledged.
UCF Advanced Materials Processing and Analysis Center | Engineering Building 1, Room 208 | TEL: (407) 882-1455 FAX: (407) 882-1462
4000 Central Florida Blvd. Box 162455, Orlando, Florida, 32816 |