Medical Waste Transporter Registrations Transporters of medical waste may need to register. This page provides forms, rules, guidance, and other information about medical waste transportation. https://www.tceq.texas.gov/permitting/registration/medical_waste/mw_transport.html https://www.tceq.texas.gov/@@site-logo/2CR-TCEQ.jpg
Transporters of medical waste may need to register. This page provides forms, rules, guidance, and other information about medical waste transportation.
Generators of greater than 50 pounds of untreated medical waste who intend to self-transport and transporters of other generators’ untreated medical waste must obtain a registration. Click on the sections below for more information about each topic.
- September 30: Registrations expire each year. Submit a renewal annually using the annual summary report form (see forms above) to keep a medical waste transporter registration active.
- March 1: Annual Summary Report (see forms above) is due each year.
Annual Fees are based on the amount of waste transported as reported on the Annual Summary Report Form 10537. The fee schedule is in the table below. Fees are due within 30 days of the invoice date. Do not pay fees when submitting a new registration or renewal.
|> 50000 lbs.||$500|
Medical Waste Transporter Querying Instructions for Central Registry:
- Click the link for Search by Facility/Site (regulated entity). This will bring up the Regulated Entity search options.
- Under the “Program” drop down menu, select “Medical Waste.”
- Populate one or more of the following fields:
- RN Number (Regulated Entity Number)
- Regulated Entity (Business Name)
- Program ID (Medical Waste Registration Number)
- Street Address (Site Address – May be entered as a partial address)
- ZIP Code
If you have questions about transporting untreated medical waste, contact us at:
- Phone: (512) 239-6413
- E-mail: [email protected]
- Mailing Address:
Texas Commission on Environmental Quality
Medical Waste Program MC-129
PO Box 13087
Austin TX 78711-3087